Updates on COVID-19 from OrthoSport Victoria
New and Existing Patients
As COVID-19 continues to spread in our community, we would like to advise our existing and new patients of the following guidelines when making and attending for an appointment;
- If you are unwell with symptoms of fever, cough, sneezing, headache or lethargy we suggest you cancel your appointment and reschedule when symptom free
- If you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or you have recently returned from overseas travel you must isolate for 14 days and reschedule if symptom free
If you are well we ask that you;
- Fill in your patient registration form electronically before your initial or first appointment (this will have been emailed to you)
- Do not come to your appointment any earlier than 15 minutes prior and call upon arrival at the hospital to check that your surgeon is running on time
- Maintain a social distance of 2 metres from staff and other patients
- Wash your hands with the sanitizer provided before proceeding to the check- in desk
- Pay for your consultation using a credit card rather than cash
Currently we are endeavoring to structure many of our appointments via a teleconference facility such as Skype or Facetime. Please advise our reception staff if this option is possible for you.
Effective midnight 1/4/20 all elective surgery around Australia has been cancelled by the Federal Government unless your condition is classified as a Category 1 or urgent Category 2 procedure.
Category 1 procedures are for conditions that require treatment within 30 days and category 2, 90 days.
Many Orthopaedic procedures do not qualify as category 1 or 2 but please check with your surgeon directly as to whether your surgery is to proceed as planned.
– Check here for future updates. –
Please call on 9038 5200 if you have any queries.
The OrthoSport Victoria Team