Cameron Norsworthy is a Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon with subspecialty expertise in knee surgery. He is particularly interested in the care of patients with sporting injuries, fractures, and degenerative conditions of the knee joint.
Cameron obtained his medical degree at the University of Melbourne in 1993 and subsequently completed his training in Orthopaedic Surgery, becoming a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He then undertook a period of international training in the United Kingdom and Canada, where he held Fellowship positions with the Sports Knee / Arthroscopy service, and the Hip / Knee Arthroplasty service at the University of Toronto.
Cameron maintains an active role in Orthopaedic Research and teaching, and is a Senior Lecturer at Monash University.
Cameron is a member of the following national and international professional organisations:
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Knee Society
- Musculoskeletal Research Centre at LaTrobe University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Sporting Injuries
- Degenerative Conditions of the Knee Joints
- The hip joint