Geoff Tymms is a Melbourne orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon.
He completed his medical training at the University of Melbourne in 1995 and then underwent orthopaedic surgery training in Melbourne and obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Geoff has worked as a consultant surgeon in a number of Melbourne’s hospitals. He obtained further foot and ankle surgery experience during visits and training in the United States and Europe, and now practices solely in foot and ankle surgery.
His interests are in all sporting and non-sporting foot and ankle injuries. Particular interests are in sporting ankle and foot injuries, ankle ligament reconstruction surgery, ankle arthritis and ankle replacement surgery, Achilles tendon injuries, flatfoot and deformity reconstructive surgery.
Common surgeries performed are:
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle ligament repair/ reconstruction
- Ankle replacement
- Ankle arthritis surgery
- Achilles tendon repair and reconstruction
- Tibialis posterior tendon surgery / flatfoot reconstruction
- Bunion surgery
He is a member of the following associations:
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Ankle ligament reconstruction surgery
- Ankle Replacement surgery
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Flatfoot and Deformity reconstruction surgery