Soong Chua is a Melbourne orthopaedic surgeon specialising in arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery of the shoulder, knee and elbow.
He has a particular interest in arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery, reverse total shoulder replacement and robotic knee replacement surgery.
Born and raised in Melbourne, Soong completed his medical degree through the University of Melbourne before obtaining his fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association in 2012. He then completed a year of international subspecialty training with world renowned surgeons in London at the Fortius Clinic, and Milan at the Istituto Clinico Humanitas.
Soong has public appointments at the Austin and Box Hill Hospitals and is heavily involved in training of junior doctors and orthopaedic surgeons. At the Austin, he is a supervisor of orthopaedic training, and has served as Deputy Director of the Orthopaedic Unit and the acting head of Orthopaedic Unit 2.
He is committed to achieving the best patient outcomes and continues to refine his skills and knowledge, through research, educational courses and multiple visits (by invitation) to leading surgeons in the United States and Europe to learn the newest techniques and technologies.
Soong is a reviewer for Shoulder and Elbow Journal and is a member of the following national and international societies:
• Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia (SESA)
• Victorian Shoulder and Elbow Society (VSES)
• International Society for Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
• Asia Pacific Knee, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Society (APKASS)
• European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
• Australian Chinese Medical Association of Victoria (ACMAV)
For more information, please visit www.soongchua.com.au
- Complex rotator cuff surgery including reconstruction and revisions
- Shoulder Replacement including Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement and Revision Surgery
- Fractures of the Upper Limb
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder
- Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery